天津飯 Tenshin-Rice (Rice and Egg with Sweet Sour Sauce)
- 3 eggs
- 2 Bowls Cooked rice (Preferred Japanese sticky rice)
- 1 Cup Imitation crabs
- 1/2 tsp Ginger
- 1 Green onion (Chopped)
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 Tbsp Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp Rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Sake (Japanese cooking wine)
- 1 Tbsp Oyster sauce
- 1 tsp Chicken Soup Powder
- 1 Tbsp Sesami oil (or any kind of oil)
- 1 Tbsp Cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp Water
- Split the imitation crab sticks, mix with beaten eggs, minced ginger, chopped green onions, and a pinch of salt in a large bowl.
- Place prepared white rice on a plate. (Try to make a round shape!)
- Heat the oil in a large pan, make two round fried eggs, and drape over the cooked rice on the plate.
- In a small pot, combine all the sauce seasonings and heat to boil. Add the mixture of water and cornstarch to thicken the sauce.
- Pour the sauce over the rice and eggs, sprinkle the rest of chopped green onion for color. Enjoy!
If you’re a vegetarian, you don’t have to use any meat with this recipe. The sauce itself is very tasty and going along with cooked rice! Hope you enjoy the recipe.