おはぎ Ohagi (Mochi coated with sweetened red beans）
It’s a super easy way to cook Ohagi without using Mochi-rice.
- 1 Cup Cooked Japanese white rice (Cook with a rice cooker as usual)
- 3 Tbsp Cornstarch or potato starch
- 1/4 Cup Water
- 1/2 Lb Anko (Sweetened red bean paste)
- 5 Tbsp Kinako (Soy beans powder)
- 3 Tbsp Sugar
- A pinch Salt
- Combine Water and cornstarch In a small bowl.
- Pour the combination of water and cornstarch over the cooked rice.
- Microwave it for 1 min at 800W, and smush it with a spatula. Make it sickened like Mochi.
- Make 6-8 oval balls. Be careful not to get burned.
- Coat the rice ball with certain amount of Anko, or coat it with Kinako. Enjoy!